Saturday, May 3, 2008

Possibly a Racist Incident

I was out today, and in a parking lot, trying to get out. Then as I was backing out there was an African-American guy on a bike, and I heard him yelling, not at me, but at someone who apparently had been there (passing by) but was no longer present.

The person or persons in the passing vehicle had apparently yelled the N word at him, because that's what he was saying, and also he yelled F-U, and repeated what they said to him, as much to himself as to them.

I thought oh crap, I don't want this happening to people, this guy. Then I tried to follow him, but he was faster on the bike and went into a liquor store. Then I waited around, and he was buzzing across the parking lot, and I drove up not-too-close, then thought better of it. I didn't know really what to do, say to him something supportive was my thought. But here I am in my car and if I try cutting him off it might look like something else.

Anyway, he was very fast on that bike, and my thoughts weren't keeping up, and he went his way and I went mine.

No comments: