Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yea For The Davids

Hmm, who is Goliath in this deal? It's David vs. David on American Idol!

And I'm for David Cook.

David Archuleta sings well enough -- but he's very boring. David Cook may be boring, who knows, but he looks like there could conceivably be something interesting about him. Archuleta is a professional "wanna be" (and "gonna be"); he'll be very successful. Cook seems more like someone who is taking life in stride.

It was interesting seeing their visits back home. (And I'm glad Syesha got booted, even though I liked her quite a lot). Archuleta's visit back home was so boring I was actually looking down, reviewing some books I bought at an antique store the other day. Syesha's was so-so, but I figured she'd be leaving, so who cares? Cook's was the best -- I happened to be in the Kansas City area the day he was going to be there, but nowhere really near where he was, so it was nice to see what I was missing if it would've been possible to be there. The "Dream On" song playing in the background (to me) seemed to give his video presentation the edge. Maybe that's a psychological way of American Idol pushing him. Gives him an edgier feel.

Also it was cool seeing his brother, who originally was the Idol contestant, which I hadn't heard before.

So...who should win? David Cook.

No comments: