Saturday, February 23, 2008

Other recent acquisitions

I was detailing some of my music buying, which I try to get used, especially at thrift stores when possible.

Some of this I don't know what I'll ever want it for. But, you know, Christmas eventually comes, so any Christmas album is good. I got Jim Nabors' Christmas CD one day, then the very next day there was a big front-page article about him in the newspaper insert magazine. And I had just been wondering aloud if he was even still alive. Turns out he is.

I got Michael McDonald's Hallmark Christmas album. For some reason these Hallmark albums show up pretty often. And I also got James Taylor's sometime in the last year.

Here's probably an obscure CD: Vacation Bible School songs from Group, Sing & Play Roar Music. 10 Action-Packed Songs Kids Love! It's not opened so I don't know what I'll do with it precisely. But I have some ideas.

Here's one that is virtually out of my league as far as interests, but I got it anyway. A Reader's Digest CD, "The Most Beautiful Melodies of the Century," including tracks by Damian Luca, Romantic Strings, Henry Mancini, etc. Another one is in that same realm, "The Greatest Show Tunes," including tracks by Stanley Black, Mantovani, Frank Chacksfield, and Ted Heath. Now those are oldies! I haven't listened to any of this yet.

Others a little more mainstream include Roberta Flack 'Best of,' Neil Diamond, '12 Greatest,' a couple Patty Loveless CDs, a Trisha Yearwood one, a few k.d. lang. And there's been several others.

No comments: