Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spam Spam Spam

I try not to read much spam. I'm usually protected from getting too much of it by various filters up stream from me. But once in a while the filters must act up, because today was a day for bunches of spam. Like close to 200 messages. Most of them things like "MailerDaemon..." something or other. Which got quite repetitive. Big list of stuff like that.

One had a look like it could be an actual message, but no one I knew. I didn't open it directly, since I never want to give them hope. But I opened it in a text file, and it had to do with enhancing your sexual pleasure. With 'enhance' and 'pleasure' both spelled wrong. It looked like it was from Holland or one of the other nether regions.

Like I said, the filters were acting up, but this one had one of those little random text snippets that, I guess, is designed to trick the filters into thinking it's an actual message. I took out the html codes, so whatever line breaks were true in the original are gone. Here's this important text as it stands now:

Never sleep or wake in peace. In consequence of on the car is, by all means, to be protected by was allembracing. Margaret knew that if she yielded around the temples of the hindus, and many religious were stripping, picking, and shovelling the gravel son's playmates gave him water mixed with powdered the would be aim, to be placed on the top of a it? Confess now, don't you feel a little better? Of all kinds of metals.37 these are the six mountains, of its intense brown blotcheswith the azure throat nineteen and she is evidently no native of alemtejo, nodded. Speech had suddenly left him. He did not o sinful wretch, thou desirest to stay me who takes in the jumna, itself a mighty stream. As would i love you better than i do? She asked.. isbdneldjbaaabiida.

"Never sleep or wake in peace" actually resonates with me, because I've had troubles lately taking naps and having the phone ring. And some of that is spam of the audio sort, such as a credit card company who gives us a recorded message about four times a month. But today I took a long nap, and, hard to believe, the phone didn't ring once.

"In consequence of on the car is, by all means, to be protected by was allembracing." I wouldn't put it that way exactly, but I moved the car today while cleaning some junk out of the garage, and, yes, it was protected.

"Margaret knew that if she yielded around the temples of the hindus..." I know someone named Margaret, and it would be good if she developed her spiritual side more.

"Confess now, don't you feel a little better?" I don't feel so badly, although there's really nothing to confess. I'm happy to proclaim it.

"the azure throat nineteen and she is evidently no native of alemtejo, nodded." Much too young for me.

"Speech had suddenly left him." That's a strange feeling, when you simply have nothing to say. I was testing out an old typewriter in the basement, part of that cleaning junk project mentioned above, and I typed the old sentence, "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." I couldn't think of anything else. And it stuck on the 'r' (badly), and a couple other letters (not so much.)

"He did not o sinful wretch, thou desirest to stay me who takes in the jumna, itself a mighty stream." This sounds like maybe 'Heart of Darkness,' I don't know. The jumna has an African sound to it, plus the Congo is a mighty stream. Bigger than I thought, till I was reading a few snippets about it the other day. As for the 'sinful wretch,' it's important to work with your dark side, or try consciously not to deny it.

"As would i love you better than i do? She asked.. isbdneldjbaaabiida." I used to do something like this, write out the first letter of sentences I was thinking of. It was a sort of code, but not one to be deciphered later. Just a way of expressing whatever was on my mind at that moment, with no regard for preservation or later reading. So what could this be? I hate to guess!

No comments: